Sunday, February 15, 2015

February 15, 2015

Wisdom Gods way...


Psalm 111:10 (110:10 LXX)

The beginning of wisdom is the fear of the Lord;
A good understanding is in all who practice it.
His praise continues unto ages of ages.

Personal Challenge...

What is knowledge without a genuine fear of the Lord? Information! What is the pursuit of knowledge without a deep fear and respect of the Lord? Folly! We are called first and foremost to love our God with our whole being, to fear Him with awe and respect, and this will set us on our journey of wisdom. It is not about me! It is not about how much I study, or read, or expound upon what I think I know, for this too becomes about me! I must first accept that only God is all-knowing and accept that if I love Him the way that He calls me to then He will give me the wisdom that He knows that I need. He knows that If I pursue Him this way that the wisdom that He gives me will be used for His glory and not my edification. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment