Tuesday, March 24, 2015

March 24, 2015

Letting the right information in.


2 Timothy 3:16-17

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Encouraging Words

We live in an age when the information that is available is unlimited. And to top that off it is all at our fingertips. It is not jus information that is important for me. If I am not careful, not discerning, then I will be letting garbage into my life and distract me. It is encouraging to know that God inspires Scripture and provides it to me so that I can be reproved, corrected, instructed in righteousness, and ultimately equipped for every good work. These Scriptures surround me in the written text of the Bible and other writings of the Church, in the traditions of the Church, and the teachings of the Saints and Fathers. As the character Luther in the Jesse Stone series often states, "Information is out there. All you have to do is let it in." By the grace of God the Father, the work of Jesus, and the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit, I am blessed to have a filter to run this information through. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment