Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March 27, 2015

Honor and reverence


Malachi 1:6a

"A son honors his father, and a servant his master. If then, I am the Father, where is My honor? And if I am a Master, where is the reverence due to me?" says the Lord Almighty.

Personal Challenge

What a personally convicting verse this is today. The whole first chapter of Malachi challenges the people of God who had gotten sloppy in their liturgical worship services. They had made them more honoring to man and less honoring to God. They are complaining about the length and calling them boring. The liturgical services of the Church are not for me and my desires. They are for worshipping our Lord. Do I give my all as a living sacrifice when I participate in these services or do I check out and just go through the motions? This is my opportunity to focus my entire being on my God in worship and adoration. It is not about me. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment