Tuesday, April 7, 2015

April 6, 2015

Seasoning?


Mark 9:49-50

"For everyone will be seasoned with fire, and every sacrifice will be seasoned with salt. Salt is good, but if the salt loses its flavor, how will you season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace with one another."

Personal Challenge

Sometimes I find myself relaxing in my walk as a Christian and then realize that I am failing my Lord for not keeping my guard up and living a godly, righteous life. Our calling as Christians is to be in constant struggle with the world as we live as citizens of heaven in this foreign land. Living this way puts us in the fire that seasons us as a blacksmith uses fire to season, or harden, the sword. Life really should always be a struggle if we are living the way that Christ would want us to. We also must live our lives as salt and light so that those who do not know Christ will taste the sweetness of His gospel through our actions and have His light shown upon them by His presence in our lives. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment