Wednesday, April 1, 2015

March 29, 2015

Running the race


2 Timothy 4:7-8

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Personal Challenge

I can never hope for, or desire, and easy, cushy life, if I am to live my life as a godly, righteous man. This does not mean that my life will not be filled with joy or rewards. The life of a Christian who is desiring theosis is a life lived as a marathon. Every thought, every action, every breath taken is part of our training for the race of life. Am I thinking rightly? Am I acting righteously and in the image of Christ? Am I breathing in His Spirit and breathing out the distractions, temptations, and sins of this world? And just as in a marathon there is the prize at the end of the race, there are also the waypoints along the race where I am given that bottle of water to sustain me, or that pat on the back and the encouragement to keep pressing on. Praise God for these times, like this past weekend spending time with some of my children and grandchildren. What an awesome reminder that the race is worth it and the prize indeed is good and worth the sacrifices along the journey to get to the end. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment