Friday, May 1, 2015

April 30, 2015

What am I zealous for?


Titus 2:11-14

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

Personal Challenge

Am I zealous for doing good works for my Lord? If not, then maybe I need to search my heart and seek the truths that God wants me to pursue. Have I truly denied ungodliness and worldly lusts? If not, then this will get in my way of pursuing Christ. Am I living soberly, righteously, and godly in the ways that my Lord would want me to? If not, then the path that I am on will not lead me to His likeness. Do I live my life looking anxiously for His blessed hope and glorious return? If not, then I am not prepared for Him and may have a lamp that is out of oil when He arrives. Jesus gave Himself for me so that I might be redeemed from every lawless deed that I have committed, or ever will. He has purified me to be one of His own special people. This is why I should be zealous to do good works for Him. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment