Friday, May 1, 2015

May 1, 2015

Practicing my faith...regularly!


James 2:14-17

What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, "Depart in peace, be warmed and filled," but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Personal Challenge

What is the evidence of my faith in Christ in my life? It is not the position of leadership that I hold in my church, or the size of the check that I put into the offering plate on Sunday, or the number of Christian books that I have read, or verses of scripture that I have memorized. All of these are good and part of my regular practice of being a follower of Christ, but the true evidence of my faith is in how I purpose to treat those around me, especially those in need. Yes, writing a check to help those in need goes a long way, but how I become the hands and feet of my Lord Jesus Christ are how I demonstrate my faith in Him. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner and forgive me for not demonstrating my faith in You by actively loving my neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment