Wednesday, May 13, 2015

May 10, 2015

Has this time come?


2 Timothy 4:1-4

I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

Personal Challenge

Has this time come? If not, we are certainly in the season of this time. We see that it has become so easy for people to not only challenge the sound doctrine of the church, but also show disrespect and disdain for those who have been ordained to teach this doctrine. We have come to a season where we choose to define our doctrine by our own desires, by our itching ears and our desires to have them tickled. We have chosen to abandon the truth by redefining it to match our desires and, therefore, turn aside from these truths to fables because we believe we can define them better. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! And where do I fit into all of this, or what role do I have to play? I am called to submit myself to my Lord and His Church, to work within it in order to serve it and help it to grow. I am not called to be divisive or manipulative. I must choose to follow in the footsteps of Christ and give my life for His Church, His Bride. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment