Tuesday, May 12, 2015

May 12, 2015

Hmmm...where does divisiveness come from?


Titus 3:9-10

But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition, knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self- condemned.

Personal Challenge

Am I being told here to never engage in a dispute? Absolutely not! I am being told that there are those things that are foolish to get in a dispute over. This list is fitting for the time that it was written, but for our day and age there are still issues that are foolish to argue over. One that we are always to be willing to dispute over is the divisive person. Today there are so many ways that divisiveness has become acceptable. I mus first look at my own heart and both the words that come out of my mouth and how they come out to make sure that I am not being divisive. Sarcasm, put-downs, gossip, back-biting, etc., are all ways that I can be divisive, so I must always keep my tongue in check. However, when I encounter someone else who is being divisive, especially in the body of Christ, I am told to reject them after admonishing them a couple of times. It is clear hear that they are responsible for their own divisiveness and are being self-condemning. It is not only acceptable for me to separate myself from them after properly admonishing them, but also it is expected of me to do this so that I myself do not become divisive like them. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment