Thursday, May 14, 2015

May 14, 2015

Under the wings or under the thumb?


Hebrews 4:13

And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

Encouraging Words

This verse can be either oppressive or liberating. The oppressive view is that God, the great judge, is watching my every move and keeping account of everything that I think, say, or do, especially the bad things so that in the day of my judgment He can slam the gavel and call out "guilty!" the liberating view is that God, the loving and merciful Father is everywhere, at all times, and He is watching over me as a mother hen watches over her chicks. He allows me to exercise my free will and coaches and teaches me that living rightly is better for both me and those around me. I prefer the liberating view. It helps me to know that He is always there with me and creates within me a desire to do right for Him, to please Him, to impress Him. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner, and thank you for opening the doors of heaven to me and destroying death's hold upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment