Monday, May 18, 2015

May 18, 2015

Do you mean that these are not MINE?


1 Corinthians 12:7-11

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

Personal Challenge

It is so easy to get caught up in the individualness of our culture and start believing that the gifts that the Holy Spirit has bestowed on me are mine and for my own use. They are not. They have been given to me to build up His Church and to use them for His glory. It is also easy to look at others and wish I had their gifts, or think that mine are better. But once again, this is a wrong behavior, a selfish, sinful behavior. I have been given my gifts because they are the ones that God, in His infinite wisdom, determined were best for me. It is my responsibility to use them properly for Him and His Church. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment