Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May 26, 2015

Tripping over my own feet...


Psalm 103:17-18 (102:17-18 LXX)

But the mercy of the Lord is from age to age upon those who fear Him,
And His righteousness upon children's children,
To such as keep His covenant
And remember His commandments, to do them.

Personal Challenge

What commandments does God want me to remember and do? To love Him and to love my neighbor. It is so simple to boil the entire scriptures down to these two expectations of me, and yet so difficult to do them. Why is it so difficult? Because I keep getting in my own way. I do this by always trying to figure out how to put myself first, both before God, and before my neighbor. Isn't this the true essence of sin? The wonderful thing about all of this is that if I keep trying, keep working at it, then He will cover me with His love and mercy, and not only me, but my children and their children as well. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment