Saturday, May 30, 2015

May 29, 2015

Signs and miracles...really?


Mark 8:11-12

Then the Pharisees came out and began to dispute with Him, seeking from Him a sign from heaven, testing Him. But He sighed deeply in His spirit, and said, "Why does this generation seek a sign? Assuredly, I say to you, no sign shall be given to this generation."

Personal Challenge

Am I as bad as the Pharisees? Do I keep looking for Jesus to perform signs and miracles so that I can believe in Him more? There are over 2,000 years of signs and miracles that prove who He is. There is an untold amount of times that I have seen His hand at work in my own life. And yet, I still find myself faltering in true, total faith in Him. This not due to any lack in who He is, but in lack of my own faith. Christ has trampled down death by His own death. He has opened the doors to His kingdom in this age and the age to come, by rising from the dead. He has saved me from the grip of death. Now I must choose, over and over again, to put my total and complete trust into Him and put sin to death in my own life. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment