Wednesday, June 10, 2015

June 10, 2015

Am I the seed on the rocky soil?


James 2:14-16

What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?

Personal Challenge

My salvation in Christ is dynamic and living. If there are no actions, no "good works", associated with my faith, then how is it any different than the seed that fell on the rocky soil that dried up and died (Luke 8:4-8)? I have always read this passage as a commandment to do good deeds toward those who are destitute and in need of the basics of life, which it does apply to this. However, goes much farther than that. I am commanded to do good deeds to everyone, at all times. I am to speak to and think nice of, that person who just drives me crazy. I am to love that person that takes advantage of me and abuses that very love that I am giving to them. I am to love and care for my neighbor and put their needs before mine. Oh, how much help I need from the Holy Spirit toe even come close to starting this in my life. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment