Monday, June 15, 2015

June 14, 2015

What? Are You talking to me...again?


Luke 19:45-46

Then He went into the temple and began to drive out those who bought and sold in it, saying to them, "It is written, 'My house is a house of prayer,' but you have made it a 'den of thieves.'

Personal Challenge

Here I go again...another passage that I have read multiple times and now seeing a different meaning in it for the first time. Is not my heart the temple of God? We are taught that when we have received Christ and the Holy Spirit through baptism and chrismation that we are cleansed from our sins, redeemed, and sealed by the Holy Spirit. He now dwells within us as His living temple. But it is still possible for me to sin because I have the free will to choose what I want to do in my life. And over time, because of my sinful choices, this temple begins to be filled with the "money changers" and "thieves". As I confess these sins they are forgiven, but if I am not careful with my choices what remains behind are habits, tendencies, and even additions. These are much more subtle and lie in wait for the next opportunity to seize a temptation and turn it into a sin. This is why I need my Jesus to continually upset the carts and tables in my heart and throw these thieves out. I cannot do this on my own. I need Him to be the Lord and High Priest of this temple. My job is to continually turn to Him, confessing my sins, repenting of my choices that are sinful, and be in submission to Him. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment