Monday, June 15, 2015

June 15, 2015

Investing in our future!


1 Timothy 4:12

Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

Personal Challenge

One of the things that I love doing with my life is working with youth, specifically the high school and college age youth. Indeed, I believe it is a calling and a gift that God has blessed me with. I cannot count how many times I have been asked by other adults when I was going to grow up and stop hanging out with the "kids". My answer is always, "Never!" Paul saw the need, and the great value, of investing in the youth of the church. He nurtured and taught Timothy knowing that the future of the church would fall into hands like his. What better way to pass on the wisdom and gifts that God has bestowed on us? What better way to be kept young and always embracing the new. May God be glorified through the youth of His Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment