Saturday, July 18, 2015

July 13, 2015

Rejecting the Prodigal


Luke 15:31-32

“And he said to him, ‘Son, you are always with me, and all that I have is yours. It was right that we should make merry and be glad, for your brother was dead and is alive again, and was lost and is found.’”

Personal Challenge

It is so easy for me to get caught up in all of the things that I am doing for my Lord, and ultimately for what I think is for my salvation, and become like the elder brother of the prodigal son. I spend time studying the scriptures, praying, going to church, taking classes, amassing more knowledge, and yet, when a lost soul comes to the Father, I get jealous and try to lay on them the burdens that I have chosen to take upon myself. So by doing this, even though I am not the prodigal and have not left the presence of my Father, my heart is not focused on Him as my returning brother's is. My actions, my thoughts, have clouded my love for my Father and my brother. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment