Tuesday, July 28, 2015

July 21, 2015

Standing Between the Porch and the Altar


Joel 2:17

Between the porch and the altar, the priests of the altar, ministering to the Lord, will each be weeping and will say, "O Lord, spare Your people; do not give Your inheritance to reproach, that the Gentiles should rule over them, lest they should say among the Gentiles, 'Where is their God?'"

Personal Challenge

In many ways, each of us who claim to be followers of Christ has the opportunity to perform this role of the priesthood. I may be the only person that stands as the conduit between someone who does not know God and God Himself. How am I living my life in this role? Am I blocking this conduit or keeping it open so that God's love can flow to those around me? Am I a stumbling block on their journey through life or a stepping stone? It is my responsibility to live my life in such a way that everyone I come into contact with says, "There is his God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment