Wednesday, August 5, 2015

August 2, 2015

Under the Refiner's Watchful Eye


Proverbs 3:11-12

My son, do not despise the instruction of the Lord,
Neither grow weary under His reproof.
For whom the Lord loves He instructs,
And chastises every son He receives.

Encouraging Words

So, why is it that I often feel like my life is under this constant thumb of correction and instruction? You would think that at age 62 it would be slowing down rather than ramping up. Here I am reminded that as an adopted son of God He will ramp up the instruction and reproof in my life. As I draw nearer to Him the more the dross that I have in my life becomes visible and must be eliminated. The pressure is on because He wants me closer to Him. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment