Tuesday, September 15, 2015

September 15, 2015

Mercy and Love Abound


Psalm 109:21-22 (108:21-22 LXX)

And of those who speak evil things against my soul.
But You, O Lord, O Lord, deal mercifully with me for Your name's sake,
For Your mercy is good.
Save me, for I am poor and needy,
And my heart is troubled within me.

Encouraging Words

Why does my Lord, the creator and master of the universe and all of creation, deal mercifully with me, a fallen and broken sinner? It is not because of anything that I have done or could do. He does this because of who He is. He is all merciful! He is all love! He created me, and everything else throughout eternity so that He could pour out His mercy and love on us. And yes, just like everyone else and everything else in creation, I am poor and needy, living with a troubled heart. However, His relentless love and mercy makes me wealthy and without need. He heals my troubled heart. Thank You, O, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment