Tuesday, September 22, 2015

September 21, 2015

Checking the state of my heart.


Proverbs 21:3

To do righteous things and to speak the truth
Are more pleasing before God than the blood of sacrifices.

Personal Challenge

Does God really care about how closely we follow the traditions and practices of our church (fasting, reading the scriptures, praying, etc.)? While all of these are important to our development, He is much more interested in the state of our heart and how we let Him permeate our lives. As Paul reminds me in 1 Corinthians 13, it does not matter what spiritual gifts I have or how I use them if I do not do everything in love and in His truth. This is what I need to be working on every moment of my life...the state of my heart and how it drives what I do. Glory be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment