Tuesday, September 29, 2015

September 29, 2015

Falling down before the Icon of God!


Ezekiel 1:29

This was the vision of the likeness of the Lord's glory. I saw it, and I fell down on my face, and heard the voice of One speaking.

Encouraging Words

Who did Ezekiel see that caused him to fall down on his face in worship? He was blessed to be able to stand before the pre-incarnate Jesus Christ. Jesus is the living Icon of God the Father whom no man can see and still exist. Through Jesus, and Jesus alone, we can see God in all of His glory. And we, today, are blessed to have the Incarnate Son through whom we can see God. The real question that I must ask myself is, "Do I fall down on my face in His presence or do I just look at this Icon as if it is just another object in my temporal life?" Jesus is the Icon of God the Father. He is the window through whom we can get a glimpse of heaven. He is the door through whom we can enter into the kingdom of God. Glory be to God! Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner! I fall down before you and hide my face for I am not worthy to be in your presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment