Thursday, October 22, 2015

October 22, 2015

The realization of my unworthiness!


Psalm 139:4-6 (138:4-6 LXX)


For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether,
The last things and the first things;
You fashioned me, and placed Your hands on me.
Your knowledge has become too wondrous for me;
It has become too overwhelming; I am unable to grasp it.

Personal Challenge

The closer I get to God, the more I realize how far I am from Him. The more I get to know Him, and about Him, the more I realize that I do not know Him. This is the Christian journey. We pursue our Lord, to know Him, to experience Him, to hold onto Him, and in this journey, as we accomplish all of this in our pursuit, we realize that we will never know the immensity of our God, the depth of His love for us, or the riches of His wisdom. I reality, the closer that I draw toward Him, the more I realize that I am truly unworthy of Him and His love for me, and like Peter, I cry out and ask Him to leave me. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment