Friday, October 23, 2015

October 23, 2015

Converted or converting?


Acts 3:19

Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,

Personal Challenge


Why is it that we talk of becoming a Christian as being converted? It is because in order for me to truly be a follower of Christ I must repent of my natural, temporal self and convert to a spiritually focused, Christ-centered way of being. I must act different, look different, think different, be different. This difference, this conversion, happens throughout the rest of my life as I pursue the likeness of Christ and grow in His image. If I am not different than the world around me then I have stalled on m journey and need to repent and start the conversion process back up. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment