Monday, October 5, 2015

October 5, 2015

Radical living for God!


2 Timothy 1:8-9

Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,

Personal Challenge

By God's grace and mercy, we have each been given a holy calling for His purpose. We have not been coerced, programmed, or pre-destined, but called, which means that I have a choice to accept or reject His calling. Some of us are called to do radical things for God, such as Paul was, who became a prisoner for Christ. We are all asked to be supportive of our brothers and sisters in Christ and to not be ashamed of the consequences of their answering God's calling in their lives. To the contrary, we are asked to enter into their sufferings with them. In reality, aren't we all being given holy callings to do radical things for God? If I answer His calling, no matter how "normal" it may appear, such as serving in the nursery at my church, or vacuuming the sanctuary after the service, or tending the grounds, should I not be doing it with a radical love for my God and a desire to bless Him and others through my actions. Living our lives fully committed to our Christ in the world, a world that is opposed to Him will be radical. If it is not then maybe I am just pretending. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment