Tuesday, November 17, 2015

November 13, 2015

Giving His love away!


Acts 1:9-11

Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”

Personal Challenge

So…how much time do I waste “looking up into heaven” waiting for the return of my King when there is so much work that needs to be done for Him? Am I willing to give up my place in heaven so that every lost soul around me might go there in my place? Am I willing to be sacrificed for everyone else that God loves? I cannot cherish the truth that I will someday be with my Lord in heaven while at the same time taking joy in the fact that those around me may not. To be a Christian is to be one that actively shares the love of Christ hoping that all will be saved. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment