Thursday, November 19, 2015

November 18, 2015

Time to get out of the boat!


John 21:7

Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, “It is the Lord!” Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put on his outer garment (for he had removed it), and plunged into the sea.

Personal Challenge

Am I willing to live my life radically for Jesus as Peter and the other Apostles did? Am I willing to jump out of my boat of comfort and swim to the feet of Jesus so that I can be with Him? Am I willing to take the insults and abuses that will be thrown at me because I choose to stand up for christ? Standing up for Christ means showing His love to my neighbor and even my enemy. It means taking into my life those who are in need, feeding them, clothing them, loving them whether they accept my Lord or not. Thew was no caveat in Jesus' command to Peter to feed His sheep. It is time that Christians live radical lives for God and show His love everywhere in this world, to put our faith in Him and not be fearful that someone we love for Him might strike us. If so, we turn our other cheek and love even more. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment