Tuesday, November 24, 2015

November 24, 2015

Living, loving, and serving in unity!


John 17:20-21

"I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me."

Encouraging Words

Jesus my Lord and Savior, prayed for me and that I might be in unity with my other brothers and sisters of His family. He desired that through the teachings that He gave to His direct followers, the Apostles, that His teachings would be passed on until He returned. This is what we call Apostolic succession and why it is important to the unity of our Church. This brings unity to His followers, which in turn brings the lost to a saving knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. The question that I must constantly be asking myself is whether or not I am truly loving my brothers and sisters in Christ, even if they may have departed some from the full teaching of our Holy Fathers so that together we may in our unity show the love of God to the lost world? Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment