Saturday, November 28, 2015

November 27, 2015

Loving the lost!


Matthew 18:12-14

What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety- nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying? And if he should find it, assuredly, I say to you, he rejoices more over that sheep than over the ninety- nine that did not go astray. Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.

Encouraging Words

It still amazes me that there is such a wide group of people that claim that our God is a wrathful and judgmental God who rejoices in condemning lost souls to hell and damnation while at the same time proclaiming the love of Christ. How can this be when God is love, not just the God of love. Jesus so effectively uses a parable here to demonstrate to all that His Father, our Father, loves His cration so much that He will do whatever is needed and take as long as needed to rescue that last, lone sheep who has gone astray. That is the epitome of love. Shouldn't I then, if I claim to be His child, be pursuing every lost sheep around me with His love? Should I not do this no matter what they believe, or don't believe, because that is what He does? Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment