Tuesday, November 3, 2015

November 3, 2015

I am not my own!


1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.

Personal Challenge

So, if I start thinking that because I have been born into the land of the free and that I have the right to pursue happiness and self-gratification, then I am in for a rude awakening. When I was baptized into Christ and sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit I gave over my life, all of it, to God. I am no longer my own. He owns me! Yes, I am His bondservant! He dictates to me what I should think and do! My political preferences, my work preferences, my hobbies, my relationships, my desires and expectations of those around me, everything, must be submitted to Him! I am His, He is not mine. Am I living this way? Lord, have mercy! Am I willing to live this way? Lord, have mercy! Will He lead me and bless me in living this way? Lord, have mercy! It is time to let go...

No comments:

Post a Comment