Tuesday, December 1, 2015

December 1, 2015

Becoming a fool for Christ!


1 Corinthians 4:10

We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are distinguished, but we are dishonored!

Personal Challenge

Paul reminds us here that to be a follower of Christ is to be different from those in the world around us. If we blend into the world and become comfortable with its wisdom, strength, and honor then we have moved away from our Lord and His provision. Am I willing to live my life so in love with my Lord and so on fire for Him that those around me call me a fool? Am I willing to become weak and relinquish all that would make me strong in this world so that the strength of Christ is what sustains and protects me? Am I willing to be dishonored in the eyes and minds of those in my life so that my Lord may be the one that is distinguished above all? This is the life that I am called to live as a Christian. This is the life that the Apostles and the saints that have gone before me chose to live. This is where the love of God can be magnified in my life. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment