Sunday, December 20, 2015

December 20, 2015

Gaining wisdom through being a fool!


1 Corinthians 3:18

Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise.

Personal Challenge

The more I strive to know my God and the more I learn about Him, the more I realize just how much I do not know Him. God's ways are so far removed from the ways of man that I could acquire all of the knowledge and wisdom of mankind and be farther from God than I have ever been. This is where I continually deceive myself. My pursuit of God should not be based on pursuing the wisdom of men about God, but should be based on becoming a fool in the ways and knowledge of man so that God can fill me with His wisdom. I must become humble before Him and my fellow man if I am to begin the journey of truly knowing God. This is so contrary to the teachings of man. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment