Monday, December 7, 2015

December 6, 2015

Judge, Jury, and Executioner: I do not want to be!


Romans 2:1

Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.

Personal Challenge

There is only one who has the right authority to pass judgment upon another and that is God. On top of that, who am I to say how God will pass His judgment? If I expect that He will judge some harshly and with anger should I not expect the same for myself since I too am a sinner? If I desire that He show me grace and hope that His love will cover me should I not have that same hope for every other human being, because I know my own sin and how great it is? If I choose to play the role of God and judge others for their sins and their choices then I must be ready to be judged accordingly for my own sins and choices. I prefer to try my best to live my life loving my neighbor and loving my enemy and saying "No!" to being their judge. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment