Thursday, January 14, 2016

January 14, 2016

Am I compelled?


2 Corinthians 5:14-15
For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.

Personal Challenge
Am I compelled by the love of Christ and His willingness to die for me, as well as every other human being, to stop living for me and to live for Him? Unfortunately, the evidence of my life does not point to this conclusion as much as I wish it would. Christ died for me. He died for all. And He asks that I die with Him, for Him and my neighbor. What kind of death does He want from me? Death to this world and the things of this world. Death to myself and always trying to have everything revolve around me. Death to sin, and therefore, death to spiritual death itself. That which results is life; abundant life, joyful life, spiritual life. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment