Monday, January 18, 2016

January 17, 2016

Blessed by the descending of the Holy Spirit!


Luke 3:21-22

When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened. And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”

Encouraging Words

I will never to be able to be like Christ even though it is my desire, for He is God and I can never achieve that status. However, He chose to become like me and take on the form of humanness, fully and completely. He did not need to be baptized to cleanse Him from any sins because He was sinless. He chose to be baptized so that I, and everyone else like me, could follow Him someday into the waters of baptism that have been blessed by Him forever. He not only paved the way and set the example for me to follow, but He showed me that when I followed Him into baptism that I too had the Holy Spirit descend upon me, and that I too had the Father address me as His beloved son because I was not adopted into His family. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment