Thursday, January 21, 2016

January 21, 2016

Relegated to the back seat!


Ezra 4:59-60 (1 Esdras LXX)

“The victory and the wisdom are from You, the glory is Yours, and I am Your servant. Blessed are You who granted me wisdom, and I give thanks to You, O Lord of our fathers.”

Personal Challenge

I so often find myself thinking, and therefore, behaving as if I am the one who has accomplished everything in my life and therefore relegating God to a back seat in my journey to theosis. This cannot be farther from the truth. I am nothing without my Lord. I have done nothing and can do nothing without my Lord. He gives me every breath and heartbeat. He is the author of every success and victory in my life. He has provided to me every bit of wisdom and knowledge that I have, even though it is so small compared to what it could be. It is to Him that I owe all thanks, all honor, all praise, and all trust and respect. It is me that should be relegated to the back seat. Maybe then the journey would more quickly and effectively lead me to righteousness. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment