Friday, January 22, 2016

January 22, 2016

On the road to Emmaus?


Ezra 9:54-55 (1 Esdras LXX)

Then everyone went on their way to eat and drink, to gladden themselves, to give gifts to those who were lacking, and to heartily rejoice. For they were inspired by the words which were taught to them, and they gathered together.

Personal Challenge

So, here is the question, "Am I so inspired by the words of my Lord that I hear and read that I run out rejoicing?" When the disciples on the road to Emmaus had the scriptures revealed to them by our resurrected and living Lord, their hearts burned within them. Does mine during every liturgy? Does mine after every class or study time? Not as it should! The revelation of our Lord is not just for my intellectual edification. It should be burning in my heart and changing my behavior. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment