Monday, February 22, 2016

February 22, 2106

EMBRACED BY THE LOVE OF GOD


Wisdom of Solomon 15:1-3 LXX

But You, our God, are kind, true, patient,
And govern all things in mercy.
For even if we sin, we belong to You and know Your might;
But we will not sin,
Because we know that we are counted as belonging to You.
For to know You is complete righteousness,
And to know Your might is the root of immortality.

Encouraging Words

It is our God that is the only thing that is constant in the history of eternity. In that never-ending presence only He is fully kind, true, patient, and merciful. Only He can embrace me with true and complete love, even when I turn away from Him in sin. So in this knowledge, this experience of His love poured into my life, I can strive to not sin so that I might know Him better and live my life so that I might be able to enter into His righteousness. This is the desire that He places within my heart and which I mus constantly hold no to as the flesh fights for its own way. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment