Wednesday, February 3, 2016

February 3, 2016

THE HUMILITY, LOVE, AND MERCY OF GOD


Judith 9:11 LXX

For Your might is not in numbers, nor Your power in men who are strong, but You are the God of the lowly; You are the helper of the oppressed, the defender of the weak, the protector of those who are forsaken, the savior of those without hope.

Personal Challenge

God's true nature seems to have been forgotten by those of us who claim Him as our Lord today. We look to Him to raise us up, to put our "Christian" leader into a position of authority, to rescue our country, to wield His sword of justice and righteousness and eliminate "our enemies, and to be at our beck and call. But as I read this verse and the text around it, as well as recall the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ, I become more deeply aware that my God, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, is a humble God. He is a loving God. He is a merciful God. And in that humility, love, and mercy He is the God of the lowly, the helper of the oppressed, the defender of the weak, the protector of those who are forsaken, and the savior of those without hope. So, based on this, if I desire God to be active in my life should I not become humble, lowly, oppressed for Him and my neighbor, weak, and hopeless in anything but Him? Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment