Monday, March 21, 2016

March 21, 2016

WHO DO I WORK FOR?


Wisdom of Sirach 32:23-24 LXX

In every work entrust your soul to the Lord,
For this is the keeping of the commandments.
He who believes in the Law heeds the commandments,
And he who trusts in the Lord will not suffer loss.

Personal Challenge

Is Jesus the center of everything that I do? Whether it be work for my employer, activities in my daily life, or my acts of the faith that I practice, Jesus should show through as the reason for being as well as my reason for doing. Jesus was the author and the fulfiller of the Law, so doesn't it make sense that If I say that I believe in Him and desire to live my life in His image that I will embrace His commandments and live by them? I do not do this because I am bound by the Law, but because I am set free by His love for me and in response to that I desire to obey Him. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment