Thursday, March 3, 2016

March 3, 2016

SAYING "NO!" TO SIN


Wisdom of Sirach 7:1-3 LXX

Do no evil things,
And evil will never overtake you.
Stay away from wrongdoing,
And it will turn away from you.
My son, do not sow on the furrows of wrongdoing,
And you will not reap the same things sevenfold.

Personal Challenge

At first pass, these verses make it sound so easy to not sin: "don't do evil things", "stay away from wrongdoing" and "do not sow on the furrows of wrongdoing". Then my natural self, my thoughts, kicks in and begins to tell me that this is hard, this is impossible, don't even try this because you will just fail and be disappointed in yourself. On my own power, these things are difficult, but when I was baptized and chrismated I was given the Holy Spirit. He lives within me and can give m the power that I need to overcome sin. Yes, I must yield to Him, but this is a choice that I can make. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment