Sunday, March 6, 2016

March 6, 2016

OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH


Wisdom of Sirach 11:7-8 LXX

Do not find fault before you examine a situation.
First, understand it, and then make your judgment.
Do not answer before you have listened,
And do not interrupt someone while he is talking.

Personal Challenge


I have often heard it said that God gave us two ears and one mouth so that we could listen twice as much as we speak. I know the truths of this passage and the great value of exercising it in my life, however I find myself so often doing just the opposite. I often jump to the solution of an issue before I take the time to undersrtand it. This always ends in disaster. And if I am not interupting someone so that I can have my say in the conversation then I am often formulating what I am going to say while the other person is talking and missing what they are saying. Both of these practices lead to arrogance, pride, and misunderstandings with those whom I am supposed to be loving. Sounds like I have been shown something that I can work on during Great Lent this year. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment