Wednesday, April 20, 2016

April 20, 2016

LIVING WITH A PURE HEART


Ezekiel 36:25-57

I shall sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be cleansed from all your uncleanness, and I will also cleanse you from all your idols. I shall give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you. I shall take the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I shall put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My requirements, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

Encouraging Words

One of the biggest struggles that I had with reformed theology was the teaching that our hearts are impure and that they will always lead us to sin. I could never embrace this because I was taught as a child that Jesus dwells in my heart. Couple this with the teaching that God cannot be in the presence of evil, then how can my heart be both evil and the home of Jesus. It cannot! Once Jesus takes over my life, He fulfills this promise by giving me a clean heart, a pure heart, a heart of flesh like Adam and Eve had before they sinned. So, why do I sin? Because I still have a mind and can choose to override my heart. What this means is that by the grace of God and the power of Jesus Christ, I can also choose to follow my new heart and say, "No!" to sin. I can choose to live a righteous and holy life. Galory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment