Saturday, April 30, 2016

April 29, 2016

HARDENING MY OWN HEART


Exodus 8:11

But when Pharaoh saw there was relief, his heart was hardened; and he did not heed them, as the Lord said.

Personal Challenge...

I have often heard the story of Pharaoh and Moses interpreted to say that Pharaoh had no choice to not let God's people go because God hardened his heart. That is not what the scriptures say. God gave Pharaoh his free will to make the determination to let the children of Israel leave, but he continually resisted and hardened his own heart. As this verse points out, how often do I pray for God's help in a situation and promise to God that I will do something different with my life if He will answer my prayers, and then when He does answer my prayers, harden my own heart and immediately go back to doing what I want to do. I have the freedom to choose right versus wrong. All too often, I choose the wrong. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment