Wednesday, April 6, 2016

April 6, 2016

LOVING JESUS, RECEIVING THE COMFORTER


John 14:15-17

“If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you."

Encouraging Words

If I love Jesus then I will keep His commandments. What are those commandments that I will keep? They all boil down to tow things, love God and love my neighbor. There is nothing in these commandments about fasting, or praying, or going to church, or anything else of this sort. If I am practicing, and desiring to perfect, these two commandments, then all of the other acts of worship will flow out of my love for God and my neighbor. What is even more exciting is that the more I love Jesus and pursue Him, the more the Holy Spirit can do in my life to help me express my love to Jesus and my neighbor. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment