Tuesday, May 17, 2016

May 17, 2016

LIVING THE GOOD LIFE


Psalm 34:12-15 (33:13-16 LXX)

Who is the man who desires life,
Who loves to see good days?
Keep your tongue from evil,
And your lips from speaking deceit.
Shun evil and do good;
Seek peace and pursue it.
The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous,
And His ears are open to their supplications.

Personal Challenge

Don't we all want to see good days and live a full life? Well, the psalmist gives us some guidelines to do this. Keep my tongue from evil and my lips from speaking deceit. That which comes out of my mouth can either build up or tear down. Regardless of what the popular opinion is today, there is still good and evil in this world, whether we call it that or not. So we are to shun evil and do good. So, I stop talking about doing good thins and actually do them. And while I am living my life this way I add the pursuit of peace, seeking reconciliation in all that is around me. Living life this way, and focusing on the good of others rather than on what I want, will lead to good days and a full life. Glory be to God! Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment