Monday, May 23, 2016

May 23, 2016

RECEIVING HUMBLY


Psalm 62:6-7 (61:7-8 LXX)

For He is my God and my savior,
My protector; I shall never be moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory;
He is the God of my help, and my hope is in God.

Personal Challenge

We often think of humility only in the terms of what we do to/for others, however, humility also plays out in how we receive that which someone else is doing to/for us. I so easily resort to living my life as a self-sufficient, self-reliant, independent kind of guy. I believe I can do anything that I can put my mind to. But being humble is a critical part of being a follower of Christ. I must learn to be a humble receiver. God is my savior, not me. God is my protector, not me. God is my glory, my help, and my hope, not me! I can do nothing without Him! Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment