Friday, May 27, 2016

May 27, 2016

HEAD KNOWLEDGE OR HEART ESTABLISHED

Proverbs 22:17-19 (22:20-22 LXX)

Incline your ear to the words of the wise and hear my word,
And establish your heart, that you may know they are good.
And if you apply them to your heart,
They will gladden you and at the same time be upon your lips;
That your hope might be in the Lord,
And His way might be known to you.

Personal Challenge

Why do I read and study God's word? Why do I dig through the teachings of our early church fathers and participate in Bible studies and classes at church? Why do I attend liturgy every week and sometimes multiple times per week? If the reason is to accumulate knowledge, then I have misunderstood everything that I have taken in. We are not to do all of this in order to fill our heads, but it is to bring what we learn into our hearts and to be changed. As our hearts change so does the rest of our lives, and we begin the journey to theosis, or being in the image of Christ. It is not about how much knowledge I gain, but about how much that knowledge changes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment