Wednesday, June 1, 2016

June 1, 2016

EVEN TO THE DEPTHS OF HELL


Jonah 2:2-3

And from the belly of the sea creature, Jonah prayed to the Lord his God, and said:

"I cried out in my affliction to the Lord, my God,
And He heard my voice;
Out of the belly of Hades, You heard the cry of my voice."

Encouraging Words

The imagery of Jonah being in the belly of the sea creature calling out to his Lord for salvation is one that points to Christ and His time in the tomb. Christ answered the call of those who had died before His coming that were trapped behind the gates of hell. He destroyed those gates and the grip that death had on mankind and set the prisoners of hell free. No one can escape the love of our Lord for His love ever goes to the depths of hell. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment