Monday, June 6, 2016

June 6, 2016

CITIZENSHIP?


Tobit 13:3-4

Give thanks to Him before the nations,
O children of Israel,
For He scattered us among them.
Make known His greatness there;
Exalt Him in the presence of all the living,
For He is our Lord and God;
He is our Father unto all the ages.

Personal Challenge


Which country, or domain, am I really a citizen of? Is it the United States? If I truly practice what the Apostle Paul taught about Christians being citizens of heaven and ambassadors of Christ here on earth, then the answers to these questions are clear. Just as God spread the Jewish nation, His called and set apart people, throughout the world in the day of Tobit, so has He done this with His Church of the new covenant. My citizenship is in heaven and I am a representative of God here on earth, here in the United States, and in my local community. I should be caught up in His affairs, living my life as His representative, and not all wrapped up in the things of this world. As His ambassador, I should perform my duties as a resident of this world with Him in my focus. I vote the way that He would vote. I pay taxes as He would. I support people around me in a godly and loving way. But I do not get wrapped up on all of the bitter fighting, conspiracy theories, or other earthly focused things that both distract my focus from God and cause a stumbling block for my neighbor. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment